[plug] Gentoo Emerge question (Problem of late)

Shannon Carver Shannon.Carver at P-S-T.COM.AU
Thu Mar 2 12:01:46 WST 2006

Hi guys,

Any full time gentoo users here?  I'm usually pretty nazi with my
updates to my home system (Just a desktop, so no worries about using
unstable software), yet lately my emerges have been bombing out on
basically every package compilation.  Before I go to trawl the Gentoo
forums, I thought I'd ask here, as it seems to be a problem specific to
ebuild/econf.  All packages bomb out with:

configure: error: invalid package name:

!!! ERROR: app-shells/bash-3.1_p10 failed.

Call stack:

  ebuild.sh, line 1928:   Called dyn_compile

  ebuild.sh, line 966:   Called src_compile

  bash-3.1_p10.ebuild, line 108:   Called econf 'compile'
'--without-afs' '--disable-profiling' '--without-gnu-malloc'
'--without-installed-readline'

!!! econf failed

!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call
stack if relevant.

I either get that, or "configure: error: invalid feature name:".

Contrary to normal, an extensive google search turned up nothing on this
occasion relating to my problem.

Any help with this (If possible) would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Shannon Carver