[plug] Internet domains

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Fri Mar 17 19:47:10 WST 2006

It's all a big scam.  ICANN and the resellers say among themselves, "What
happens when we've sold all the usual/generic/obvious domain names in the
dot com name space?  Why, our revenue stream will grind to a halt.  Let's
invent some new domain tlds and then all those names can be made available
all over again".  Seriously, once you get past the dot com, dot net and
country-specific domains (eg, dot au, dot tv, dot cz) then all the new ones
(eg., dot biz, dot info) are just revenue streams.  But, if you missed out
on the name you want in one TLD, you may find the same name possible to
register in another.

To the person trying to find you on registered domain, it makes no
difference.  (I write as someone who has about 30 domains registered across
several tlds - some speculative and some business related)

Just my $0.02.

Gavin.