Libretto (was Re: [plug] Anybody used linux on a sony vaio VGN-TX27GP/B)

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Tue May 2 15:17:31 WST 2006

On Tue, 2 May 2006, quoth Brad Campbell:

> Exactly what I'm after. What is the battery life like? I'm kinda
> addicted to my 4hrs I get from my existing tank.. and the Vaio
> advertises 8.5 hrs.. which if it even gives me 5 would make me as
> happy as a pig in poo..

Yeah I get between 4 and 5 hours out of the Libretto.  More than enough
for me.

> The vaio is expensive tho.. works out about $3k AUD here..

The Libretto isn't cheap either.  It retails at $4k, and wholesale is
around $3k plus GST. I managed to get a very sharp once-off deal on this
one and get the extended warranty and 1GB RAM upgrade for that price.

> Really I want small and light (I have over 60 flights booked in the
> next 2 years) with a great battery life, wifi built in and
> eth/usb/bluetooth. External VGA than can do 1024x768. The rest I can
> kinda lug my old acer around if I need anything else or a big screen..

It will do 1280x768 (widescreen) on the LCD, and apparently up to
2048x1536 externally although I don't have a monitor that will handle that
res so I haven't verified that.

 - Matt Kemner
  Penguin Care		Tel: Perth 08 9322 3444	Brisbane 07 3337 9988
  Mob: 04 1175 6910	Fax: Perth 08 9221 3444	Brisbane 07 3337 9977