[plug] Live Slides

Michael Holland myk at myk.id.au
Thu May 11 22:54:53 WST 2006

On Thu, 11 May 2006, Chris Watt wrote:

> I need to work out a way to automagically stream images from a phone
> (or such device to a computer to make a slideshow in realtime.  What I

I'm not quite clear. Why does it have to be a phone?
Do you want to wander around, take a photo and send it wirelessly to the
slideshow?   Does this need to receive MMS images?

If you just want a wireless camera, you can tell a phone to e-mail this
images over the 'net. Is that even close to what you want?

> want to do is when the phone (or such device) receives the images, it

receives how? What is the source?

> will then append them to the slideshow (the main point is how to have
> the auto transfer haoppening, the rest i will sort out myself).

You can have a script on the computer to poll a nearby phone, e.g. by
bluetooth, for new images. Am I getting warmer?

> Basically - Send to a number, the comp will then grab what was sent
> and use it as it pleases.

Why a 'number'? You mean by MMS?  Would an MMS-> email gateway help?

Mike.