[plug] New toy just arrived

meyerri meyerri at westnet.com.au
Tue May 23 16:36:59 WST 2006

---- Original Message ----
From: myk at myk.id.au
To: plug at plug.org.au
Subject: Re: [plug] New toy just arrived
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 16:14:08 +0800 (WST)

>On Tue, 23 May 2006, meyerri wrote:
>
>> .. not even 5 mins ago - my Dell 6400 with Radeon X1400 and 2GB
>
>I take we're not talking about the Dell PowerEdge 6400 Server?

I suspect that you're deliberately pretending to misunderstand me,
but it gives me the ooportunity to try out this keyboard, which not
*too* bad, except for the positions of the Insert and Delete keys -
AARGHHH!!

>So what does one do with 2GB in a laptop?
>Simulate a beowulf cluster in vmware?
>Oh ...  ready for Windows Vista?
>Or, to be balanced, the next version of KDE & Gnome?

Because it's there? :-)

Run VMWARE or Parallels under Linux so that I can get my daily work
done, without going apesh*t because the damn Windows email clients
hide my mails or I can't just flick to another workspace and do what
I want. And for all the reasons that we love Linux on desktops - and
just because we can .. ;-)