[plug] New toy just arrived

Jonathan Young jonathan at pcphix.com
Tue May 23 20:27:36 WST 2006

On 5/23/2006, "Gavin Chester" <sales at ecosolutions.com.au> wrote:

>Richard, I presume the "synaptics pad" is a touchpad?  With me having sung
>the praises of touchpads in a different thread, I can relate that there is a
>learning curve to the beasts, but once climbed you'll never go back ;-)
>
>I'll spout off some unsolicited tips since you sound new to, or loathing of,
>the use of the touchpad:

You can also modify or even disable a lot of the features if you can't
get used to them.  I HATE 'tapping' or 'tap to click' as I
frequently find myself opening things I meant to select which is
DANGEROUS.

Though I pretty much never use trackpads (prefer an external mouse
wherever possible).

- Jonathan