[plug] Daylight Rubbish

Mark O Shea mark at musicalstoat.co.uk
Wed Nov 29 11:50:10 WST 2006

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:08:53 +0800, Timothy White wrote
> On 11/27/06, Jonathan Young <jonathan at pcphix.com> wrote:
> >  (1)  What needs to be updated and where to I get it?
>
> To the best of my knowledge, just install the right zone files

That's fine for the OS and all applications that get the timezone from it.
Sun Java has it's own ideas and your needs to be updated (or use a beta
version of an updater which is being prepared for when the US goes through
all this next year after nearly 2 years warning).  Unfortunately there
doesn't appear to be anything to update it to yet, there are bugs filed with
Sun and they say they are working on it.

Does anyone know of a freely available tool similar to zic which creates
timezone files in the java format?

This was apparently a problem during the Commonwealth Games as well.

--
Mark O'Shea