[plug] DIY hosting - worth it?

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Sun Oct 1 22:20:17 WST 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-30 at 22:20 +0800, Nikhil Jogia wrote:
> IMHO, the only situations you would host off DSL are as a learning
> experience, you want to integrate your website with your existing
> network (ie website to upload to internal file server) or you have a
> low
> bandwidth site that requires a lot of internal (CPU, memory etc)
> usage

Well, it would certainly be a learning experience ;-) ... and I'm too
much of a newbie to feel comfortable administering everything remotely
without actually being able to see, hear and touch the box.  I just have
a mental barrier to that remote admin stuff, so far :-/

> You might want to check out some US based shared hosting. I hear
> 1and1.com is good and allows multiple domains - US$2.24 per month.

Thanks, I'll look into those sort of options, too.

Gavin