[plug] 2.4 series kernel and LSI Logic 1020, 1030 SCSI card drivers

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Fri Oct 20 13:08:10 WST 2006

Dear PLUG list members,

Debian Linux running 2.4.26 kernel.   Need to add an LSI Logic 1020 or 1030
card to drive a new tape backup unit.   menuconfig does not refer to either
of those - and IIRC does not mention LSI Logic at all.

LSI Logic site has downloads for 2.4 kernels but the latest patches seem to
be for more elderly kernels (2.4.19 I think is the latest I've seen so far.)

Is there another driver that would do, or should I simply ignore the
downloaded documentation and install the patches anyway? :-)

Thoughts appreciated.
Denis