[plug] howto burn after dvd::rip

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Wed Sep 13 00:14:19 WST 2006

I am greatly frustrated by something that is probably very simple once
its known :-(  I am experimenting with dvd::rip because I'm hoping that
its two-pass transcoding will give better quality.  I have the
transcoded vob files on my hard drive, but how the hell do you burn
those into a meaningful dvd for consumer-level players in your lounge
room?

If I copy the vobs to a dvd as a data project then it won't work in the
dvd player.  If I try to insist that it's a dvd video, k3b complains
that it "found an invalid entry in the video_ts folder".  I have looked
on the dvd::rip website, read their mail archives, read the user manual
and generally googled, but no where actually tells you anything about
the burning process after transcoding.  That is, I can't find any simple
ABC as to how to get the wanted final outcome with this app.  AARRGGH.

When not struggling with dvd::rip, I have found great simplicity and
success with k9copy.  I highly recommend it to anyone.  The ONLY flaw
with that app is that occasionally the burns have some little glitches
and drop outs.  Murphy's Law dictates that whenever that occurs it is at
the climax of a scene :-(  If not for that I wouldn't think to look
elsewhere.

Gavin