[plug] howto burn after dvd::rip

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Wed Sep 13 00:22:22 WST 2006

Gavin Chester wrote:
> I am greatly frustrated by something that is probably very simple once
> its known :-(  I am experimenting with dvd::rip because I'm hoping that
> its two-pass transcoding will give better quality.  I have the
> transcoded vob files on my hard drive, but how the hell do you burn
> those into a meaningful dvd for consumer-level players in your lounge
> room?
>
> If I copy the vobs to a dvd as a data project then it won't work in the
> dvd player.  If I try to insist that it's a dvd video, k3b complains
> that it "found an invalid entry in the video_ts folder".  I have looked
> on the dvd::rip website, read their mail archives, read the user manual
> and generally googled, but no where actually tells you anything about
> the burning process after transcoding.  That is, I can't find any simple
> ABC as to how to get the wanted final outcome with this app.  AARRGGH.

> When not struggling with dvd::rip, I have found great simplicity and
> success with k9copy.  I highly recommend it to anyone.

You beat me to it!  That's exactly what I experienced.

   The ONLY flaw
> with that app is that occasionally the burns have some little glitches
> and drop outs.  Murphy's Law dictates that whenever that occurs it is at
> the climax of a scene :-(  If not for that I wouldn't think to look
> elsewhere.

Only difference is that I've not made even one coaster with K9copy

Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We use and recommend Xandros 3.0.2
There are 10 types of people ...
    ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!