[plug] Fluid damage to Laptop

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Sat Sep 16 14:13:17 WST 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-16 at 09:48 +0400, Brad Campbell wrote:

> >> Not many people own a "Pinecone".
> >>
> >> Movie was "Electric Dreams". The soundtrack's pop songs were more
> >> popular than the movie.
>

> Ok, I tried *so* hard to stay away from this one..
> I have both the Movie and Sound Track, and yes, Giorgio Moroder is a legendary composer of movie
> soundtracks :)

Is this the Giorgio who had a hit with "Lonely Lover's Symphony" (which
I think was based on "Fur Elise")?

> >> No it didn't. It invaded computer networks, notably that of teller
> >> machines.
> >
> > As far as I recall, it did fall in love.  Not sure if it was a
> > neighbour... could have been.  The music was probably more memorable as
> > you say.
>
> It was an odd little sequence. The computer (Edgar) and (Miles) work to get the the Cellist upstairs
> (Madeline) to fall in love with Miles. In the process, both Edgar and Miles fall in love with
> Madeline and a small war ensues. Edgar finally realising that he really does not have what it takes,
> does the gallant thing and blows himself up but in the process transfering his "self" to other
> bigger and better networks, one of which happens to the the radio station where he dials up the
> movies theme tune as Miles and Madeline tootle off into the sunset in Mile's Volvo Station Wagon.
>
> Cute movie, great music.. I even have an original copy of the sheet music for "Together in Electric
> Dreams".. Played it at a school eisteddfod many moons ago and still know the guitar solo down pat.
> Was originally played with a Boss "Turbo Overdrive" pedal which I could never afford.
>
> As ashamed as I am to admit that...
>
> Brad.

Now, hasn't this thread wandered far?  ;-)  The on-topic police must be
getting their riot gear together for a blitz here.
There are II types of people - those who can count like Romans and
those who can't.

Linux Counter user #306629