[plug] dual screens at different resolutions and dragNdrop

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 18 12:09:00 WST 2006

Xinerama doesnt handle different screen geometry well.  It stretches the
wallpaper across the screen, but you have a "dead" spot that you cant
use (in gnome at least).  So whats the point of having different screen
sizes if you can only use the area in common (768 in the Y, and 1280 in
the X - when running 1360x768 internal LCD, and external 1280x1024
external LCD)?

I have just tripped up on a show stopper in any case: any attempt at
starting ooffice (critical app for me!) crashes both X, and some of the
OS requiring a hard reboot. :(

Back to a single common screen res which is 1024x768, which looks really
crappy due to aliasing on the external LCD.

BillK