[plug] dual screens at different resolutions and dragNdrop

Michael Holland myk at myk.id.au
Mon Sep 18 14:50:38 WST 2006

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, W.Kenworthy wrote:

> The deadspace problem is a known xinerama limitation - of which there

Only a problem if the window manager is unaware of xinerama.
Similarly, a good window manager will separately wallpaper the two screens
and allow you to drag a window across.
  The gnome Metacity is certainly good. I thought most WMs are OK these
days. Which one is causing the trouble here?

  I use xinerama on the laptop, with a bigger external screen, and none
of those problems. It's just a pity that xinerama doesn't allow you to
dynamically add, remove or risize screens.
  It did have similar problems when using MergedFB instead of Xinerama.