[plug] rave about virtualbox

Kirk Turner gameldar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 15:29:43 WST 2007

> I'm about to go drop some $$ on a mac mini and I had planned to triple boot macos, ubuntu and XP,
> but this is so good I'll just run a windows VM in ubuntu instead.

One thing to note with buying a mac mini - we've been playing around
with one at work and found that the sky2 network driver is still
marked as experimental. We're hoping that the 2.6.21 kernel release
will change that status, but we're finding that the uptime on the
network is not stable enough yet  for our usage - mind you we are
pumping a lot of data across the network link so for normal use you
may not notice as the bugs we've found look like issues with TX
resets.

Kirk