[plug] external projector on a laptop

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Tue Aug 7 16:03:53 WST 2007

Hi all,

I'm wanting to set up my laptop to work with an external projector.  I
have an nvidia card with the binary drivers.  So far so good.  The
problem comes when I setup twinview.  It treats the two monitors as one
big desktop- not what I want, particularly as they have different
resolutions, and the projector will rarely be connected.  I'd like the
two displays to be independent, but still be able to move windows
between the two if need be.  What is the recommended solution to this?

Thanks,
Tim Bowden