[plug] linux-friendly pda

Fred Janon fjanon at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 3 14:56:10 WST 2007

> the latter, but I thought I had read that the palm OS was dead.

I was the team lead for 2 Treo 700 at Palm in 2005. Palm is still using
PalmOS and there are no plans to abandon it. The Treo line is very very
successful in the US. PalmSource is working on the next release is
their OS, based on Linux with a layer on top to keep the compatibility
with PalmOS, basically a layer to translate the PalmOS API to the Linux
API. A similar way that Apple when we had to go through an intermediate
phase to support the 68K on PPC (PowerPC).

I am actually looking forward to see some devices running the new
version of PalmOS, I can't wait to do some development with Linux
*Mobile*.

Fred