[plug] Skype - what it is and what it provides

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Thu Feb 8 21:23:07 WST 2007

Nathan D wrote:

> she rarely came online and then Skype was blocked in the UAE.  There

A constant source of infuriation. And when you can get it to work (tunnelling the login servers over
an HTTP proxy elsewhere) the incumbent ISP makes sure it braindamages your UDP latency enough that
it's horridly unreliable.

"Sorry sir, we make no guarantees about our quality of service. You can access Google? It's working
fine then"

Brad