[plug] OT: vmware

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Feb 15 06:55:16 WST 2007

vmware are driving me crazy.  I need the vmware tools package for linux
(running fedora on gentoo :) and I cant find the VMwareTools package on
their website.  customer support isnt much help - takes 24 hours between
emails and all I got so far was the workstation download page and no
vmwaretools.

Is vmwaretools still needed (the message from the vm says it is) and
where on their 'orrible website does it live.

Their website plays havoc with my firewall, sending packets to unopen
ports (random I suspect) that triggers the firewall to blackhole it.
Only a very few websites do this ...

BillK