[plug] laptop screen resolution in ubuntu

Michael Holland myk at myk.id.au
Mon Feb 26 21:53:01 WST 2007

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Gavin Chester wrote:

> I have an old toshiba satellite 4090 (celeron 400, 128Mb ram, 6gb drive)

Gavin,
you havn't mentioned the log file, which will likely tell you whats wrong.
If changing DefaultDepth to 16 doesn't work, can you upload the log
somewhere and post us the URL?   usually:  /var/log/Xorg.0.log

> BTW: it's a trident card, but no idea what ram it has -

that too should be in the log file. If it's less than 4MB, you definitely
need to reduce the pixel depth.

Mike