[plug] laptop screen resolution in ubuntu

Michael Holland myk at myk.id.au
Tue Feb 27 07:49:44 WST 2007

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Gavin Chester wrote:

> Thanks again guys.  I can now enjoy using this lappie - albeit it's
> mighty slow. Anyone patient enough these days to wait 140secs for

Great to hear it is fixed.
But with 400MHz and 128MB - no need for it to be slow with Linux.

Edubuntu isn't the best choice, as i believe it uses Gnome.
You could try Xubuntu, which is intended for older PCs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xubuntu
You should be able to change with re-installing, since its all ubuntu.

> OOwriter 2.0 to start first time, and 80 secs each time thereafter? ;-)

Couldn't you find a smaller program that will do the job?
Even OO 1.x will get by with less RAM.

cheers, Mike