[plug] I give up

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 11:02:51 WST 2007

On 23/07/07, hatari at iinet.net.au <hatari at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Hello, any....
>
> I disagree unless we also stop "advertising" the businesses we have setup
> to make money
> out of Linux too (aka phixpcs, etc.)
>
> There are many "types" of users in this club and trying to accommodate
> "most" would be
> helpful.  Gentle reminders from time to time about "[OT]" is fine but the
> nazi approach just
> demonstrates intolerance, or arrogance, or ignorance, or
> foolishness.  Certainly numbers
> issues start out as "linux" but end up as "hardware".  Harmless stuff
> really - even beneficial in
> the long run.

See that's because you have a different expectation from the list/club.
Not to say that your expectation is the wrong one, just that it's different.

Having said that the original charter is pretty clear, but I'm beginning to
think that the "Atmosphere" of this list has changed somewhat since that was
written up.
That is inevitable, all things change (except for some peoples expectations
that is ;-) )

--
Ubuntu Dapper 7.04
The less you know, the more you believe. - Bono