[plug] I give up

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at metoceanengineers.com
Mon Jul 23 15:10:23 WST 2007

I don't understand why off-topic at plug is not the generally agreed upon
place for anything clearly off topic, especially messages that include
[OT] or somesuch in the subject. I subscribe to both and enjoy reading
both, but the delineation is quite helpful. It would be more helpful if
that delineation was more consistently accurate.

On other lists to which I subscribe, an informational email is sent out
every x weeks, reminding everyone of posting guidelines (such as the one
we're discussing). I wonder if that would be helpful. That at least
would be more friendly than moderation, which is a big nasty thing that
noone (self included) seems to be interested in.

Greg.