[plug] Re: fresh kubuntu install - what's the root password?

David Buddrige dbuddrige at bigpond.com
Sun Jun 17 19:42:17 WST 2007

Hi all,

Never mind guys - I found the answer on the web at
http://www.kubuntu.org/faq.php - it doesn't have a password for root
other than the main user password - I was able to change it by running
the command

sudo passwd root

and typing my own user password as the root password, and then changed
the root password to whatever I wanted.

thanks

David.