[plug] Dialup Traffic Counter

Andrew Furey andrew.furey at gmail.com
Wed May 9 15:31:00 WST 2007

On 09/05/07, Timothy White <weirdit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Having recently gotten wireless broadband, I now need to monitor my
> traffic usage a little better.
> One way I have heard of doing it, is monitoring the syslog for the
> disconnect lines, does anyone know of an easier way? Or a program that
> you use to do it?
>
> My googling isn't working very well, finding lots of non linux apps,
> and apt-get isn't finding my anything.

What about ipac (or ipac-ng as it's called now)
(http://martybugs.net/linux/ipac.cgi)? I've used it for years, should
be available on any vaguely modern Debian system.

It uses iptables for counting, so it should be as accurate as the kernel itself.

Andrew

--
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.