[plug] (X)Ubuntu, older hardware (WAS: What version of CPU and Linux do people use?)

Tomasz Grzegurzko tomasz89 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 12:54:00 WST 2007

> I've got an old P2 Toshiba laptop (300MHz I think) with 64MB RAM which
> needs an OS reinstall coz the Win98 is full of junk. I am considering
> Xubuntu, any recommendations on the viability of this? What sort of
> (open?)office experience should I expect?

If you can get another 64MB of RAM in that beast, I'd say you'll be okay
with Xubuntu. Heck, 64MB would be okay -- not great -- usable. If you're
willing to compile you're own OS, Gentoo would be fine on that machine..

If you're superkeen, contact me off list, I may have 64MB of RAM for that
class machine lying around you can have, but only if you're running Linux on
it ;)

Tomasz