[plug] (X)Ubuntu, older hardware (WAS: What version of CPU and Linux do people use?)

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Mon May 14 13:22:46 WST 2007

If it's an SD-RAM SODIMM that you need I have a 64meg one here doing
nothing.

Kev

Tomasz Grzegurzko wrote:

>     I've got an old P2 Toshiba laptop (300MHz I think) with 64MB RAM which
>     needs an OS reinstall coz the Win98 is full of junk. I am considering
>     Xubuntu, any recommendations on the viability of this? What sort of
>     (open?)office experience should I expect?
>

> If you can get another 64MB of RAM in that beast, I'd say you'll be
> okay with Xubuntu. Heck, 64MB would be okay -- not great -- usable. If
> you're willing to compile you're own OS, Gentoo would be fine on that
> machine..
>
> If you're superkeen, contact me off list, I may have 64MB of RAM for
> that class machine lying around you can have, but only if you're
> running Linux on it ;)
>
> Tomasz

Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We use and recommend Xandros 4.1
There are 10 types of people ...
   ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!
"Jesus Christ is the centre of everything and the object of everything;
He who does not know him, knows nothing of the order of the world
and nothing of himself."             Blaise Pascal