[plug] Ubuntu `Unable to copy the user's Xauthorization file'

WolfBite wolfbite_aus at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 15:30:53 WST 2007

Thanks Paul

That did it.

Couldnt believe how many people had posted for help with `Unable to copy the user's Xauthorization file' and no where did I come across your simple perfect answer :)

Thanks again

Paul Dean <paul at thecave.ws> wrote: Hi "WolfBite",

The Xauthority file is generated from xauth program, and lives in
~[user]/.Xauthority .

To regenerate the file for the user, simply run
`xauth generate [hostname]/unix:0 .`

Replace "hostname" with your machines name.

Do this twice, once for you machines real hostname and once for
localhost.localdomain.

See `man xauth`

--

Thanks

Paul Dean.

QOTD
"Life is not WHAT you make it, it's WHO you have in it..."

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

You're definitely on their list.  The question to ask next is what list
it is.

--

Thanks

Paul Dean.
Mob: 0403 622 009

QOTD
"Life is not WHAT you make it, it's WHO you have in it..."

Your nature demands love and your happiness depends on it.
PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au
Committee e-mail: committee at plug.linux.org.au