[plug] Samsung ML2010 printer problem

Lance Duivenbode lance at duivenbode.id.au
Fri Sep 14 16:54:16 WST 2007

Hi Bret,

Just a quick question - is this printer labelled as using GDI? I've got a
Samsung ML-1210 and it says it works perfectly with Linux. However, after
purchasing it I discovered it was a GDI printer (not sure what that is but I
think it's a custom print protocol) so I couldn't use standard CUPS printer
drivers.

The only way I could get it to work was to download the Linux CUPS drivers
from the Samsung support site which included a Postscript to GDI filter that
was run by CUPS when printing occurred (this is part of the driver so you
don't need to set it up).

After that it worked (and still does 5 years later) perfectly.

Lance