[plug] sensors

Adam Hewitt ahewitt at skybridge.com.au
Wed Sep 19 16:46:33 WST 2007

Hi All,

Thank you for your responses. Despite me finding the replies to be very
interesting and the PIC/AVR microcontrollers something that I wouldn't mind
playing around with myself, the scope of this project is a little larger
than I initially conveyed. We are looking at between 30-70 sites and
therefore the DIY option is not really viable.

I have found a number of monitoring appliances which do what I am after,
however with a price tag of a couple of thousand they are not really in the
ballpark that we are looking at (that was for an APC environmental
monitoring system). I have also come across the ADAM series which look
interesting, and in our price range (~$300), however they don't seem to
provide any of the sensors themselves, only the I/O controller.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a complete I/O solution which
isn't going to cost the earth? Despite the fact that I require these to be
connected to a linux server for monitoring so they need to be linux
compatible, I am aware that I am probably getting somewhat off topic...in
that case please respond off list.

Kind regards,

Adam.

http://www.advantech.net.au/products/search.asp?keywords=adam-4