[plug] E-MAIL NON DELIVERY

hatari at iinet.net.au hatari at iinet.net.au
Thu Sep 27 20:18:43 WST 2007

Thanks, Arie....

I wouldn't be going around relating stories about your own hipocracy if I were you - but I'm not
you, am I.  However you may - if you choose - keep your personal opinions about me to
yourself though.

As far as being "educated" goes there are many educated people who - nevertheless - aren't
smart.  I appreciate good logic.

As an explanation to Alex and yourself I detest people calling skilled I.T. people (possibly like
all or most of us in the Linux club) as "the I.T. guy" - like they are crap or something similar.  I
have seen many - so called - competent people slam-dunk qualified and/or skilled I.T. people
(including myself) for spurious reasons like: power (ie bullying), jealousy or incompetence
rather than genuine I.T. matters.  I detest it so much that I usually say something.

And on genuine I.T. matters: everyone can make a mistake (and generally do) and the I.T.
area is sooOO complex it is INEVITABLE.  I have discovered that most people doing I.T.
usually do it because they like or love I.T. - although some have less aptitude than others.

Regards,
wayne

>On 26 Sep 2007 at 1:02, Arie Hol wrote:
> On 25 Sep 2007 at 21:51, hatari at iinet.net.au wrote:
>
> > I spent many years and a lot of dollars studying I.T. and getting I.T.
> > qualifications - so I guess you must be referring to some other kind of
> > I.T. idiot.  Hope so.
> > P.S.
> > If there is one thing I discovered out in the big I.T. world afterwards
> > it  was the many idiots sitting behind computers using them, who wouldn't
> > listen to simple instructions - only to, regularly, keep stuffing them
> > up.
> > Niusances and Menaces, one and all.
>
> You really should show some consideration to these people (the idiots
> sitting behind computers)  	;-)
>
> They probably keep you in a job - and no doubt a reasonably well paid one
> at that. :-)
>
> If they ever got as educated as you - you would probably be out of a job -
> oooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!
>
> I once criticised some TAFE lecturers, because of how they ran the classes.
> Then a short while later - I became the object of my own criticism - they
> offered me a position as a relief lecturer - and I accepted.
>
> Regards Arie

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.