[plug] Ubuntu on older 8.04 on older machines

Paul Antoine pma-la at milleng.com.au
Sun Aug 3 17:45:51 WST 2008

Hi Kai,

Did you try the Alternate version?  I believe that the standard version
needs/assumes 256MB of memory, whereas alt is designed to boot in
smaller memory spaces.

Here's the note re 8.04 on systems with little memory:

    "installs on systems with less than about 384MB of RAM (although
    note that low-memory systems may not be able to run a full desktop
    environment reasonably)."

Paul