[plug] Acer Aspire One - Linpus version

mccabedj mccabedj at ucc.asn.au
Mon Dec 8 15:54:52 WST 2008

I have an EeePC 701.

Kev wrote:
> Is it a good $319 worth?

I don't have an aspire one, however

This is very similar to the 701SD, but the Aspire has a 9" 1024x600
screen and a bigger keyboard.  The 800x480 screen on the 701SD can be
quite frustrating some tasks. Apparently the Aspire one still manages to
remain under 1KG.

The touchpad is smaller on the Aspire 1, however. I hear some people
find that frustrating

By comparison, the 701SD is $327 + 50 postage on shopping square. There
were similar similar deals in a physical stores recently, but with no
postage costs.

Given that you get a 9" screen I would say this is a good price for what
it is. I'd guess it isn't really as good as a EeePC 901 (7 hours on
battery, more storage etc.), but I've never seen a 901 or 1000 under $479.

--
John C. McCabe-Dansted
PhD Student, University of Western Australia