[plug] Acer Aspire One - Linpus version

Kev kdownes at bbnet.com.au
Mon Dec 8 16:27:21 WST 2008

Thanx for that.  The Acer also has the Atom processor/chipset.  The
opportunity was very time limited, so I've gone ahead and ordered one now.

Thanx all
Kev

mccabedj wrote:
> I have an EeePC 701.
>
> Kev wrote:
>> Is it a good $319 worth?
>
> I don't have an aspire one, however
>
> This is very similar to the 701SD, but the Aspire has a 9" 1024x600
> screen and a bigger keyboard.  The 800x480 screen on the 701SD can be
> quite frustrating some tasks. Apparently the Aspire one still manages
> to remain under 1KG.
>
> The touchpad is smaller on the Aspire 1, however. I hear some people
> find that frustrating
>
> By comparison, the 701SD is $327 + 50 postage on shopping square.
> There were similar similar deals in a physical stores recently, but
> with no postage costs.
>
> Given that you get a 9" screen I would say this is a good price for
> what it is. I'd guess it isn't really as good as a EeePC 901 (7 hours
> on battery, more storage etc.), but I've never seen a 901 or 1000
> under $479.

Kev Downes
The Other Other Operation
kdownes at bbnet.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We currently use Xandros 4.1
There are 10 types of people ...
   ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous
mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that
it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.