[plug] [Fwd: [SAGE-WA] Next meeting - Tuesday 5th February, 2008 - Andrew Shugg on Linux Bare Metal Recovery (Mondo Rescue)]

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at metoceanengineers.com
Sat Feb 2 11:52:21 WST 2008

Bret Busby wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, Patrick Coleman wrote:
>
>> Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 21:01:04 +0900
>> From: Patrick Coleman <blinken at gmail.com>
>> To: plug at plug.org.au
>> Subject: Re: [plug] [Fwd: [SAGE-WA] Next meeting - Tuesday 5th February,
>>     2008 - Andrew Shugg on Linux Bare Metal Recovery (Mondo Rescue)]
>>
>> On Feb 1, 2008 3:53 PM, Gregory Orange
>> <gregory.orange at metoceanengineers.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> As requested by the esteemed Andrew Shugg, I'm forwarding on this
>>> month's meeting notice FYI.
>>>
>>> More generally speaking, I'm a sideliner to both orgs (and intend to
>>> stay as such), but perhaps there could be a better form of regular
>>> cross-pollination between SAGE-AU/AUUG and PLUG?
>>
>> Good idea. I'll see if we can't organise something.
>>
>> -Patrick
>
> With the recent discussion on the Linux Australia list, about AUUG
> possibly (or probably, as the case may be) closing down, perhaps it
> might be prudent to see what happens with AUUG (as it is mentioned in
> the above message, for pollinating), before seeking to pollinate AUUG?

*shrug* I'm not suggesting joint ventures or anything terribly taxing or
risky (to start with, anyway). Besides, SAGE-AU/AUUG meetings seem to
have been a single entity for some time now. If you prefer, `cat <Greg's
message> | sed s/AUUG//g`
SAGE-AU as a national body is certainly going strong, so the WA chapter
may (or may not) fade over time, but IMHO it will always have the
potential to grow and strengthen.

Greg.

--
      Gregory Orange             Phone: +61 8 9387 7955