[plug] [Fwd: wireless card not recognised at boot]

Patrick Coleman blinken at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 07:02:26 WST 2008

On Feb 4, 2008 9:03 AM, Gavin Chester <gavin.chester at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 07:19 +0900, Patrick Coleman wrote:
> > On Feb 3, 2008 10:57 PM, Gavin Chester <gavin.chester at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Addendum to this post - I should have added that  also did
> > > modprobe ath_pci
> > > linuxlap:~ # ifconfig
> > >
> > > and nothing useful came of it, ie., modprobe showed nothing (not sure
> > > what to expect there) and ifconfig only showed eth0 and lo interfaces.
> >
> > Have you tried ifconfig -a? ifconfig will only show active interfaces,
> > adding -a shows them all.
> >
> > -Patrick
> >

> Thanks, Patrick. With the '-a' option it only additionally showed
> 'sit0', which googling tells me is the "generic tunnel device "sit0"".
> This fits because the first line for it says "Link encap:IPv6-in-IPv4"

Hmm, ok. One thing that would be interesting would be to compare the
output of the 'dmesg' command when it works and when it doesn't. If
you're not familiar with it, dmesg prints out the kernel messages
since boot and will give you information on hardware detection etc.

If you can, attach the output when it works and when it doesn't to an
email (preferably compressed, there's a 40kb (?) limit on messages to
the list) so we can have a look.

Cheers,

Patrick

--