[plug] using several ethernet cards problem...

Marcos Raul Carot Collins marcos.carot at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 20:51:10 WST 2008

Hi everybody!

I must be using the wrong keywords searching on the internet for the problem I
have because nothing related comes up:

I setup a Debian Etch repository in a Debian Etch machine with apt-mirror
("the server") .

I have in this server one integrated ethernet card, plus 3 other ethernet
cards, all of them working perfectly.

I have also in that server a dhcp server.

If I connect a computer to any of the ethernet cards in the server, all are
able to get an IP through the dhcp server, but only those connected to the
integrated card are able to connect to the apache server that give access to
the files of the Debian repository in my server.

From the server I can ping any connected machine but for the added network
cards I have to specify which card to use for ping to get an answer.

I really don't know where to start to find a way that all the network cards
behave as the integrated one in regards to serve http requests.

Weird, isn't it?

Thank you for any suggestion!

Marcos Carot Collins.