[plug] uploading large files

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au
Fri Jul 18 18:45:52 WST 2008

On 18/07/2008, at 6:23 PM, Gavin Chester wrote:

> Having ruled out ftp transfer, file upload to user's site and other
> options, have you considered file 'splitting' apps? When I had this
> problem running windoze95 years ago, I found an app that would slice a
> file into definable-sized parts that I sent by separate emails. The
> app
> included a 'stitching' file that allowed correct reassembly of all
> parts. Since it was available for windoze there maybe one for mac.
> Just
> a thought.

It's called "split", and it's the same command line program you get on
Linux.  To put them back together, just cat them.  Macs also have
"zipsplit" which does what it sounds like and "unzip" knows how to put
them back together.

--
Jeremy Malcolm LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet and Open Source lawyer, IT consultant, actor