[plug] perl Net::IMAP usage

Adrian Woodley Adrian at ScreamingRoot.org
Mon Jun 30 10:58:30 WST 2008

I'm attempting to write a testing suite for our mail farm, in particular
our Ironport cluster. The basic testing will be to send off a heap of
email to test accounts of varying types and use IMAP to see if they've
been delivered.

The reason I want to use the Net::IMAP module is its access to the IMAP
search function. The idea being to send an email with a unique subject
(date-time + MD5 sum or similar) and then be able to search for it in
the mailbox.

 From what I've seen, Net::IMAP::Simple doesn't have access to the IMAP
search function, requiring a "manual" (and possibly inefficient) search.

Cheers,

Adrian