[plug] SUSE 10.3 HANGS hard - or Windows-like behaviour from Linux ....

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Sun Mar 16 00:43:25 WST 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 00:28 +0900, Patrick Coleman wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 11:00 PM, Richard Meyer <meyerri at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> >  I'm running OpenSUSE 10.3 on my machine and I have been getting
> >  problems. The whole machine hangs such that I cannot ping it from
> >  elsewhere and ALT + CTRL + Fx doesn't do anything.
>
> When this happens, do your Num + Caps + Scroll lock lights on your
> keyboard all flash? If this is the case, it means you're getting a
> kernel panic, which you can hopefully determine the cause of.

Thanks for the interest, but, no - nothing appears out of the ordinary -
except the desk rodent is dead, the keyboard is defunct and so forth - I
haven't run memtest on this machine lately, but I will do so tomorrow
(BTW it has premium mem cards in it  -  they cost at least $2 per chip
more than the usual) ,,,,

--
Richard Meyer
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.

Linux Counter user #306629