[plug] Error 691 in Linux but not in Windows?

Andrew Furey andrew.furey at gmail.com
Fri May 2 14:59:40 WST 2008

Hi all,

I have another curly one for you... :)

I have a VPN link to a remote (customer) site, with standard PPTP with
MPPE (as far as I can tell). It has a username and password of simple
alphanumerics (no spaces, punctuation, etc).

When I dial the link from my XP workstation, I connect successfully.
However, when dialling from our common server which handles links for
the office (Debian sarge with MPPE patching), it fails with error 691
(username or password invalid on the domain).

There is no domain to specify that I know of (nothing is specified on
the Windows side). I've attached the debug output from the Linux box.

I've been going back and forth with the IT guys at their end but I'm
not sure how knowledgeable they are - they keep saying "it works in
our testing" and haven't even checked the logs there :(

Any ideas?

Andrew

--
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.