[plug] eeePC - XP version cheaper than Linux version.

Tomasz Grzegurzko tomasz89 at gmail.com
Thu May 8 09:15:13 WST 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 8:56 AM, Paul Antoine <pma-la at milleng.com.au> wrote:
> The smaller flash would make a big difference given the price of such
>  things atm.
>
>  Speaking of Myers... I was there the other day when I spied a 20-ish
>  woman looking at an eeePC with her mum.  Mum wasn't sure... she was
>  concerned that it have Word/Excel.  Daughter was *very* keen and soon
>  found Open Office so mum was placated the moment she heard the word
>  "Office".
>
>  Anyway, the daughter was convinced it would do everything she wants it
>  to do and mum paid up.
>
>  Shhhh... as long as it does what they want in a friendly manner and in a
>  package that suits them nobody cares if it's Linux or Windows...
>
>  Paul

I'd agree; people don't pay for software, they pay for features and
functionality. Most don't know what OS their running, it's just the
data they want to access (their docs, spreadsheets, etc etc).

In the case of the eeePC, people can see the difference between size
of hard drive and may be tempted to go with the bigger one, unless the
sales person isn't sure about the OS if it's NOT windows and sways
them, then it may just go ahead all the same.....

Tomasz