[plug] .flv codec

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Sun May 11 18:31:59 WST 2008

Gavin Chester wrote:
> simple, just get win32codec-all (called something like that) from
> mplayer site or use your package manager of choice for getting it. I am
> watching .flv on opensuse right now.
>
> BTW: I've been looking at this issue somewhat recently for making use of
> the useful teaching demo movies available online, so I found a cli tool
> to download/save the streams to disc for later viewing. One I find very
> simple is "yougrabber". You just get the url of the youtube video and
> enter "yg http://somefile/ in a terminal. I was also struggling with
> streams that don't give a url but I wanted to keep them for later use
> nevertheless. For this I finally found that a firefox browser plugin
> called "downloadhelper" is the best of the several I tried. HTH.

Thanx Gavin.  I use Downloadhelper already, and it's really good.  I
already have w32codecs installed.  Is the one you've just pointed me at
an updated version?

Thanx again

Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We currently use Xandros 4.1 - but they went to the "Dark Side"
So we're moving to Debian Etch
There are 10 types of people ...
   ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!
"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you,
 then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve.
 As for me and my household ...
        ... we will serve the LORD."         Joshua 24:15