[plug] Re: Looking for a Web Monkey (Still)

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu May 22 10:18:52 WST 2008

On Wed, 21 May 2008, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> The salary range is "$61K-$75K" (including Super) if you've got some
> good experience under your belt, although we're happy to consider
> fresh graduates, etc. It won't make you rich, but it pays the bills.
> ^_^

It is interesting to see how some of the IT salaries compare to the
Sunday Times article that contained rates of pay for some IT
professionals.

Software Engineer 6yrs+ $75k - $130k
DBA 0-5yrs $45k - $90k
DBA 5yrs+  - $75k - 100k

(From Sunday Time p65, 20 April 2008)

The article, unfortunately, did not include other programmers (other
than "visual", or GUI based, programmers (as opposed to programmers who
actually write code), and, conspicuously, did not include the
"Interstate Comparison" component, for IT professionals.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

  you'll know what the answer means."