[plug] New Installation- question.?

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Apr 7 02:05:38 WST 2009

On Sun, 5 Apr 2009, Paul Antoine wrote:

> As for Brett's suggestion re versions of Ubuntu: the new version 9.04
> will indeed be out shortly and comes with long term support (5 years.)
> Personally I've not found the 3 year support to be an issue for desktops
> though the 5 year support is mighty handy for production servers.

Actually, ....

I had posted a query on the Ubuntu users' list, asking whether 9.04, due
out in 3 weeks, will be a Long Term Support version, and, the answer
was no, it will not be a Long Term Support version.

But 8.04 will be supported for another 2 years.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

  you'll know what the answer means."