[plug] Cross Compile i386 .deb package on amd64

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Fri Aug 7 11:20:51 WST 2009

Michael Holland <michael.holland at gmail.com> writes:

> I wasn't advocating anything. The chroot is a more elegant solution to this
> particular problem.  But especially for someone less familiar with Unix, a VM
> is conceptually simpler.

OK.  Fair enough; it read to me, especially as it was a response to my
previous email, like advocacy — but I know that intent can be hard to read in
email. :)

In any case, you are right that a VM might be less confusing to someone who
isn't familiar with Unix.  I guess I was assuming that someone aiming to build
Debian packages had enough experience for it to make sense ... and that
probably isn't a safe assumption.

Regards,
        Daniel
    Looking for work?  Love Perl?  In Melbourne, Australia?  Let me know.