[plug] Mini ITX Access Point?

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Mon Aug 17 13:12:53 WST 2009

Bernd Felsche <berfel at innovative.iinet.net.au> writes:
> Adrian Woodley <Adrian at Diskworld.com.au> wrote:
>
>>At work we're starting to play around with Yawarra gear, for both routers
>>and APs.  If you can it to fit on a CF (2-4G?) you should be laughing.
>
>>http://www.yawarra.com.au/
>
> That may work for a small network behind the proxy.
>
> Squid on CF for web sites? Nope. Don't recommend it. It'll wear out
> quickly.

Hey, cool.  How long did you find it took for squid rewrites to beat out the
wear-levelling and cause device failure?  Average lifespans?

Do you have analysis of that?  I am curious to know how many IOPS squid tends
to generate by load, since I don't have access to any meaningful squids
myself.

Also, did lifespan vary by device manufacturer: did your destruction-testing
show any quality difference in the wear levelling implementations between
vendors, or devices within a vendor series?

Regards,
        Daniel
   Looking for work?  Love Perl?  In Melbourne, Australia?  We are hiring.