[plug] N-Wireless pci network card

Lucas van Staden lvs at dedmeet.com
Wed Aug 26 13:25:26 WST 2009

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a wireless-N network card that is stable, and which
does not use the ath9k driver?

I now have 4 wireless-N cards (all different brands), but they all use
the ath9k drivers, which seems to have some connectivity issues.
With all of them I've had the issue where they disconnect and reconnect
randomly. The ath9k bug tracking system is full of people complaining
about the same issue.
Using the latest wireless-compat drivers has not solved my issue.
The connection issue would not normally be noticed, as it is quite fast
to reconnect, but it drops my vpn to the uk, which is getting frustrating.

I now have my work machine back on g-network, and thus have the
wireless-g router running just for one machine.
I am hoping to try a card with a different chipset/driver, before I give
up, and replace the router (belkin), which could be the issue,
but until I try another chipset based wireless-N card, I can't be sure.

-Lucas