[plug] Cable Management Software

Adam Hewitt ahewitt at theozhewitts.com
Mon Feb 9 15:06:10 WST 2009

Hi All,

I have been tasked with conducting an audit of our fibre network at
work. This is likely to take me a couple of months and I am likely to
feel like throwing myself off a building before its finished.
Therefore if I am going to do it now, I want to do it right to prevent
the next person from having to go through the same task...

What I would like to do is put this information into a database of
some description that is accessible to anyone who is likely to be
making or coordinating changes to the fibre connections. Does anyone
have any recommendations for packages that do this out of the box?
Although I would prefer a LAMP setup to store and present this data, I
really don't have the time (nor the permission) to plan and execute it
all myself. I am really looking for something free, open source that I
can just start using.

Cheers,

Adam.