[plug] Wireless-N router for faster wireless....

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 20 16:02:53 WST 2009

Search terms were ps3 hoc 802 ICS and variants there of.

Check out the official seeming
"http://au.playstation.com/support/psp/wizards/psp_ng_adhoc_wizard_1.jhtml"

The reason you see failures seems to fall into 2 categories - those who
dont know what they are doing (windows users in general not running a
dhcp server or the like) and so fail, and those who dont have the
correct PS3 - it appears that early firmware versions (seems to be 2.1
and earlier, but cant confirm) cant do ad hoc.  The one I checked up on
was a xmas present so that part number showed up as ok (dont have it
here so I cant give a ref for that).  If you have an early one, can the
firmware be upgraded easily?

arrrgggg - reading through some of the crap on the games forums is SO
hard (black on black text is so arrrgggg ...)

BillK

Home in Perth!